Posted on

Profits Through Small Scale Farming – Two Events Being Offered

Presentation1

Touch the Soil News # 180 If you’ve ever considered getting into raising food as a career, here are two events that can give you the scoop. Learn from experts and discover low-capital-cost models that make profitable entry possible to most anyone. Get introduced to skills and business techniques important to developing better economics for yourself and community. No previous experience is necessary for either event.   Event #1 What:             Cultivating Profits with Small Scale Farming Conference (in the classroom) When:              Friday, October 16, 2015 – 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Where:            Fayetteville State University, Fayetteville, North Carolina – 1200 Murchison Road Shaw Auditorium in the School of Business…

Read more

Posted on

Modern Day Victory – Stephen Ritz and the Green Bronx Machine

StephenRitz

Touch the Soil News #105 – Includes 2 videos. A few years back, I was privileged to attend an advanced two-day seminar on how to teach. I was unprepared for what the facilitator had to say. In short, the “academic” approach to learning reaches only about 20 percent of students – the other 80 percent learn best by seeing, doing, experiencing and on the job. In one fell swoop, Ritz abolishes the concept the growing food is only for farmers. Being faced with high drop-out rates and his limitations in reaching students, Ritz decided to change the rules. In his own words, Ritz explains his approach: “I’m not willing to…

Read more