Positive Future #79 (Feature photo – The Chevrolet Bolt – 235 miles of battery range. 2017 U.S. sales of the Bolt exceeded 23,000 units – CCA SA 4.0 International)
GreenTech Media reports some interesting facts and figures as relates to automotive electrification:
- U.S. Electric vehicle sales in 2017 increased 21 percent over 2016.
- Toyota plans to electrify its entire line-up of cars over the next 7 years.
- Volvo announced that all of its models introduced after 2019 will be hybrids or all electric.
- Over the next five years, the global automotive industry is expecting 127 battery-electric models to be introduced.
- More countries are moving to ban internal combustion engines.
- Nations that have already set targets for eliminating internal combustion engines include Norway, India, China, the UK and France – representing almost have the world’s population.
You can read the full report here: