Positive Future #856 (Feature photo – Council Chambers of the European Council – CCA 2.0 Generic, European Council)
The European Union (450 million people) is looking dramatically change agriculture for the European continent. In fact, it is so dramatic that, that it is grabbing the world’s attention from both sides of the sustainable farming debate. The targets, illustrated below, represent a dramatic change in directions to more sustainable farming:
The program includes the next targets:
- Making 25% of EU agriculture organic, by the year 2030.
- Reduce by 50% the use of pesticides by the year 2030.
- Reduce the use of Fertilizersby 20% by the year 2030.
- Reduce nutrient lossby at least 50%.
- Reduce the use of antimicrobials in agricultureand antimicrobials in aquaculture by 50% by 2030.
- Create sustainable food labeling.
- Reduce food wasteby 50% by 2030.
- Dedicate to R&I related to the issue €10 billion.